This afternoon I was flipping through channels, trying to drown out the howling wind. I decided to start at the bottom, which for me is channel 5/ABC. What to my wondering eyes do appear, but Michael Symon and Bobby Flay. Then… I see the title of the show. “The Chew.” I watched Bobby Flay and Michael Symon rockin’ a grilled steak.
I still couldn’t believe this series was really named The Chew, though. It almost seemed like the name of a satire. So, I Google’d it. Sure enough! I don’t know where I’ve been since last September, but that’s when the show started… taking the place of All My Children. Hallelujah. Do people really even watch soaps anymore? (No hate-mail, please!)
The Chew stars Mario Batali, Michael Symon, Carla Hall, Clinton Kelly and Daphne Oz. From ABC’s website, “The Chew celebrates and explores life through food, with a group of dynamic, engaging, fun, relatable co-hosts who serve up everything to do with food — from cooking and home entertaining to food trends, restaurants, holidays and more — all aimed at making life better, fuller and more fun. It is broadcast live, weekdays, from New York City.”
Take a look at it! I’m going to be a regular viewer from now on. Especially… if Bobby Flay is on!
- Food Network Stars Bobby Flay And Giada DeLaurentiis May Get Talk Show (lukewilliamss.wordpress.com)
- The Big Waste – The Food Network (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- The Big Waste: Food Network Looks at Food Waste in America (eatdrinkbetter.com)
- WATCH: Clips From ‘The Chew,’ Premiering Monday (huffingtonpost.com)
- Food Network tackles food waste (mnn.com)
- “The Chew” To Replace “All My Children” Next Week (onebluestocking.wordpress.com)
- A new favorite TV show and a recipe to share (teresasthoughtsfortoday.wordpress.com)
- Will You Be Watching The Chew Next Week? (thekitchn.com)
- ‘The Chew’ Premiere: Twitter Users Find Debut Hard To Swallow (huffingtonpost.com)